Study at ENSAS

Applications and Admissions

The application procedure depends on the degree prepared and the type of mobility carried out.

Required language level

To study at ENSAS, you must have a minimum level of French B2, according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (equivalent to level 4 of the Test d’Evaluation de Français TEF).
Students in mobility with a B1 level can be admitted, on condition that they follow the intensive French course, scheduled at ENSAS in September.
Please note that for students in international double degree programs, level B2 is mandatory.
Francophone students, or students who have completed a French baccalaureate abroad, do not need to provide proof of French language level.

Some useful sites to practice the French language before your trip:


Mobility Freemover

If you wish to study at ENSAS on a Freemover mobility program (excluding exchange programs), you must first obtain the agreement of your original institution, then contact the ENSAS Mobility Department.

For more information, you can contact:

Bilateral exchange or Erasmus+

If you come as a part of an Erasmus exchange or as part of a bilateral exchange program:

Deadlines :

  • June 30 for an annual mobility, or for a mobility during the winter semester
  • December 15 for a mobility during the summer semester

Classic course in 1st or 2nd year

As a non-European Union candidate, and for a course outside of mobility, you must make a Request for Preliminary Admission (DAP) directly to ENSAS:

The yellow DAP files for non-European students already residing in France have arrived and are available atM. Patrick VOEGTLINGand in his absence at the reception desk.

For more information, you can contact:

International double master’s degree

These are Franco-German or Franco-Chinese diplomas, which offer training at ENSAS as well as in the partner universities, and make it possible to have a diploma recognized in France, as well as in the partner country.


In case of a favorable response from the school, and if you are not a citizen of a member state of the European Economic Area, you must apply for a student visa at the French Embassy in your country.

For more information on how to apply for a student visa, please visit the France Diplomatie website or request more information here:



  • French law requires the foreign student to prove that he or she has a minimum monthly budget of 615 euros without working; however, the monthly budget of a student in France is a minimum of 800 euros.
  • Indicative budget for the 1st month (installation fees): up to 1,600 euros (Rent, deposit for your accommodation, housing insurance, registration fees, Social Security affiliation, membership of a mutual health insurance company, other installation fees, etc).
  • Upon your arrival, you may need to open a bank account in order to facilitate the management of your budget (scholarship, rent). It is mandatory to have an account in France in order to receive financial aid for housing from the “Caisse d’Allocation Familiale (CAF)”.


In charge of international relations :

Assistant manager. In charge of international mobility:



Pedagogical Calendar :

All devices concerning housing, health and culture

Rich in its cultural and academic heritage, Strasbourg places higher education and research at the heart of its priorities.